Eneco’s results and strategy on target
Eneco recorded good results for the first half of 2019. The highlights are:
- EBITDA rose by 18% from €230 million to 272 million, net profit to €79 million, operating profit (EBIT) rose by more than 10% from €115 million to €126 million;
- This is attributable mainly to higher sales of energy, good trading results and reduction of costs and gross margin improvement due to restructuring programmes in the Netherlands and Belgium;
- Employee benefits expenses fell by 9% to €119 million, gross margin and other benefits rose by 5% from €562 million to €592 million;
- Eneco is a major investor in renewable production assets in the Netherlands;
- 62 MW increase in operational sources of sustainable production;
- Innovation in district heating networks;
- Sale of Eneco is on schedule.
A download of the half-year report can be found at the right side of the screen.